This is a great accompaniment to Cuban Ropa Vieja. If you prefer a little less heat, substitute the can of black beans with one that does not contain Jalapenos.
What You Need
- 1 sweet onion, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15 oz) can Kuner’s Jalapeño Black Beans With Lime Juilce
- 1 (10 oz) can Ro-Tel’s Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 – 2 cups cooked rice
- Ground cumin to taste
Putting It Together
- Sauté onion, green pepper, and garlic in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- Add black beans and tomatoes. Simmer 10-15 minutes on low.
- Add rice and season with cumin to taste.