My mother’s Pecan Sandies have been a Christmas tradition for years. They are unbelievably rich and unbelievably addicting. They don’t last long around our home.
What You Need
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
Putting It Together
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In mixer bowl, beat margarine for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour mixture to beaten mixture; beat until well blended. Stir in pecans. Cover; chill 30 minutes. Shape dough into two 7-inch long rolls. Wrap in wax paper or clear wrap. Chill several hours of overnight.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1-inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Cool about 1 minute and then remove to wire rack.